Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday Funnies: We Need To Talk About the Ducks




It's been a grim week - and year - in a lot of ways.
And as biologists and psychologists will tell you, the more mentally advanced the species, the greater the need for play.

So, in case you haven't seen any of these (his TED Talks have views like a Taylor Swift music video), I give you the brilliant works of James Veitch.

Not just the guy on YouTube shilling for Wix websites, but a guy with a wicked funny sense of comedy, as seen on those aforementioned TED Talks, and as a guest on Conan O'Brien. Like a digital-age Charlie Chaplin, with the playfulness of an otter, multiplied by Monty Python times Dr. Who, and a dash of the nerd-fu savvy of Bill Gates sprinkled on the retributive instincts of Edward Abbey.

Don't believe me though; see for yourself.
These are five you simply must watch:



 



The last one still totally quacks me up, every time.
I hope they lighten your load today.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I love evil genius type pranks.

Nemo

Dano/Westside said...

Thermostatic towel rail? Must be a Brit thing, but it had me stiches. Just the right tonic (while still at work) at the end of long week.

Aesop said...

It's a heated towel rail, so your linen is always warm when you step out of the bath/shower.

Window removal optional.

SiGraybeard said...

Thank you, man.

I've been offered the 1st TED talk on replying to SPAMs dozens of times, but always thought it was serious. I had no idea.

We just spent the half hour or whatever watching all of them, with the last one first (about the ducks). Time well spent.

Capitalist Eric said...

LMAO at work around a bunch of uptight IT guys... Thanks, best day I've had at work in a LONG time... :)

Aesop said...

I'm a giver, guys.

Just figured it was time to take the pack off, and enjoy the sunshine for a bit...

Allen said...

The one about the thermostatic towel rail had me in stitches. Since I took early retirement from my day job, I've been doing one off building projects for people. One client wanted, you guessed it, custom built heated towel rails in the master bathroom. Oh what a comedy because the customer is always right. You're paying me, I have endless patience when billing by the hour.