Monday, September 10, 2018

Anybody With Leave On The Books, I'd Take It Now

h/t Phil

Hurricane Florence projected track















If NOAA is on the case, Swamp Lejeune and the 2nd MarDiv, along with UNC-Wilmington, and then Ft. Bragg, look like they're about to get effed up in a major way Thursday/Friday by Florence, just in time for the weekend.

Semper fi, ladies, but if you can take leave, and have a POV, I think I'd be headed anywhere 500 miles away from the post NLT Wednesday at 1600.

Odds are half the division is already playing at Fort Bragg, and about to find out what a dissipating hurricane does to 100' pine trees sometime Friday morning.
(It sux; ask me how I know.)

I'm thinking I might hit Disneyland that day. The Summer ugly crowds are gone, and it's probably going to be 80+ and sunny, just like the rest of the year. Earthquakes are come as you are, no 3-day notice for an appointment to screw up your life.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh topic but thought you would get a chuckle
https://www.instagram.com/p/BnjPw9vlafU/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xd8rdxcpdbrh


- BAP45

RandyGC said...

Sounds like "good training weather" coming up for the Ranger Course