Sunday, February 9, 2020

Sunday Music: Wicked Game



Selected for a host of reasons.
Kick-ass tune (Top Ten Hit in 1991).
Valentine's Day is coming up fast.
The song-story: BTDT, got the t-shirt.
It's on a short list of tunes in my vocal range, such that I could walk out on something like AGT and nail this one, cold, ten times out of ten, without getting X'ed off the stage and collecting thrown rotten fruit on the way to the wings after an epic 'don't-quit-your-day-job' mocking by Simon Cowell, nor causing hearing injury to canines.
And that means if it comes on, it stays on, until it's over. And I can hold that penultimate line longer than Chris did, if it comes to it. But he got there first.
Enjoy.

5 comments:

Grog said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs8qJ9ncHhw

Anonymous said...

Thanks!!!
A favorite then and now, which is to say forever.
Boat Guy

RandyGC said...

I still have the same reaction to this video as I did when it was first released

"I'll be in my bunk."

Thanks again Aesop

Anonymous said...

If anyone here picks around with a guitar, you'll agree that this was one that had to be practiced a bit to reproduce to perfection. Every. Note. Whammy bar included. Like Aesop, could sing it too. Excellent crooner tune! Ohio Guy.

Anonymous said...

Also, Helena Christiansen