Sunday, September 12, 2021

Sunday Music: The Sound Of Silence

 


Recorded in 1964, prophesying 1984, and ripped from tomorrow's headlines. Originally a failure, then it caught on, got re-released with added instruments, and went all the way to No. 1, and single-handedly re-united now-legendary artists and high school music buddies Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, who had split up after their first album crashed and burned.

Leaving us a foundation stone of folk rock that remains always way too prophetic. Just like right now, this very minute.


4 comments:

Ruth said...

I have it saved on my computer as done by 3 different artists. And every time I hear it I think its more and more apt to today.

Anonymous said...

They also featured this song in that cult classic, "The Graduate" which I saw around this time back in 1967. That flick gave a lot us guys who were teenagers at the time, a new perspective on the mature women.

Lt. Edmund Exley said...

Have you heard the Disturbed cover...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4

RHT447 said...

A powerful version--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk7RVw3I8eg