(JACKASSVILLE, FLA.) – A Jacksonville city inspector walked into a Cedar Hills Estate business to issue a warning citation over the display of military flags and employees said she insulted a customer who turned out to be a military veteran.
Surveillance video captured city inspector Melinda Power getting in the face of the customer at Jaguar Power Sports on Blanding Boulevard.
Employees told News4Jax on Monday that she was so disruptive and disrespectful to the veteran, they asked her to leave.
1) Flying flags is a First Amendment freedom of speech issue, as the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the Constitution, and four layers of federal court decisions all the way to SCOTUS would inform the fuckwits in Jacksonville, and any other bunch of civic asstards capable of hiring competent legal counsel to advise them on the limits of their authority. The code section(s) cited is therefore moot, null, and void, lacking any legal authority whatsoever.
2) The Jacksonville's mayor's response has been commendable, directing city inspectors to knock that shit right off, and suspending Melinda "Power-trippin'" Power, the officious jackhole responsible for the original kerfluffle. AFAIK, they still haven't outright fired the sonofabitch, nor has she been rightfully beaten within an inch of her life as she so richly deserves, so they're still lagging somewhat in fulfilling their oaths of office, but at least they've made a proper start.
3) The store owner and patrons were still wrong, for not beating the living fuck out of her on the spot with every handy blunt instrument, and depositing her bloody and newly-toothless carcass to the curbside, as they should have done on the spot. Anything short of homicide would be simple self-defense and "definitely needed an ass-beating" in any trial where I sat on the jury, and had it moved to actual homicide, I would not return any conviction for any offense higher than "littering" for deposit of the lifeless body to the curbside, with a fine of not greater than $15.
4) Said inspector should not merely be fired, she should be hounded from the state, at the head of a rabid mob with clubs, torches, and pitchforks, and chased from that point to the nearest US border, or out to sea, and there pursued until she reach the 12-mile coastal limit deliniating international waters. Death at any point due to exhaustion, drowning, mob action, or shark attack would properly be noted on the death certificate as "natural causes", with disposal of the body to nearest swampland populated by convenient numbers of feral hogs and gators, or the handy attachment of a sufficient number of cinder blocks to expedite feeding the local crustacean population. Nature loves a balance.
5) Upon doing such service, the city fathers should have awarded a commendation for public service to the store, the customers, and any bystanders involved.
If they fire her for cause, and ban her from any other civic employment for life, they might be on the right track.
She still needs the ass-beating she's got coming, and should get one every day until she apologizes through a bloody, toothless smash-mouth, even after she's been fired.
But at least my blood pressure is up enough to face the day.