You want a master's thesis précis on warfare from ever to right now, but written to understand at the middle-school level?
Here's your guy:
Von Clausewitz talked about war being waged on three levels:Oh, and the "right now" part of that equation?
- Physical – Breaking stuff and killing people and taking land.
- Mental – Making the enemy think what you want them to think. Confusing them.
- Moral – You have to believe that what you’re fighting for is right, just and correct.
Glad you asked:
In order to win this war:
We are in a war. Are we ready to fight? Because I don’t think that the 5th Generation of war will be quite as nice as the 4th . . . .
- The aliens must be gently, firmly, and quickly be sent home.
- We must stop supporting them with cash if they are here.
- We must make life here so unhelpful that they voluntarily deport themselves.
- We must not give their nations cash if they keep coming here.
- We must stop cash flowing from individuals to their home country.
- We can help their home countries to build industries and meaningful jobs.
- If the people like, heck, we could come in and run the country for them since they seem to suck at running countries and we seem to be good at it. Is illegal immigration really the best argument for colonization ever?
- We must win at the mental and moral levels.
Read the whole thing, certainly.
Better yet, bookmark his site.
Then take a day and work your way back as far as you can go.
Somebody who can think well, write clearly, and gets it right. On everything under the sun.
If his site isn't on your daily reads, fix that. Today.
And if P.J. O'Rourke dies, relax.
We've found his replacement.