Friday, February 28, 2014

Medical Follow-Up

Spotting the sudden missile launch in site hits here, once again, the WRSA Effect has happened.
So first off, thanks to WRSA for the multi-link-love, Hi guys (and ladies), and thanks again for dropping by. I hope you find something worthwhile, in which case my efforts won't have been wasted. At least for 99.9999% of you.

For reference, they linked to my medical posts First Aid, SHTF Medical Kit w/source links, and Casualty/Trauma Care Supplies In Austere Conditions.

EPIC RANT REMOVED, AND APOLOGIES TO VINNY.
WE WERE PROBABLY BOTH OFF-TARGET, AND AT SOME POINT, I'LL SEE IF ANYTHING I REMOVED IS WORTH SALVAGING.

ANYONE CAN MAKE A MISTAKE; THIS ONE WAS MINE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aesop, an off topic question here, do you have any thoughts on the Ambix first aid cream for scrapes and cuts?

http://www.amazon.com/Ambix-2693-Antiseptic-First-Cream/dp/B00FX6ZAD8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1393984468&sr=8-2&keywords=ambix+first+aid+cream

I used to use the johnson&johnson first aid cream, excellent stuff for road rash and cuts, but j&j doesn't make it any more, or no one sells it that I can find.

I was an ETT in Alaska.

Aesop said...

@Anonymous 5:56
Ambix' active ingredients are dyclonine Hcl and Phenol, both of which are topical pain relievers, and neither of which show any particular antiseptic qualities.
If you're looking for both, Bactine is BZK, an excellent antiseptic, combined with a tiny amount of lidocaine, a great topical pain reliever.

Otherwise Neosporin or generic equivalent, provided you aren't allergic to any of the three active antibiotic components.

Aesop said...

If you're scrolling down memory lane, my rant is gone, and so are the comments related to it.
What's left are the benign ones.