h/t Commander Zero
Yeah, I’m almost over deliberate endlessly f**king off. (But seriously, I highly recommend it.)
A poster sent a fairly involved question – three back-to-back posts, that I have every intention of answering in depth. Which plan spoken aloud apparently pissed the Almighty off, and then some douchebag passed their flu along at one of my few occasional forays into public dining, and I spent the last week moping around with a URI, feeling like a baby Harp seal during clubbing season. Best laid plans, and all. I’m over that, finally. (Mucus: the most worthless bodily fluid when produced excess to demand.)
Upside of a mostly blog-free year:
There’s now a beta site IRL. And I’m dangerously close to a hunker down bunker as well, which has been a work-in-progress since before the blog began. And that’s all I’m going to say about Vietnam.
So in short, yeah, I’ll dust off the keyboard in the very near future.
Which will amuse some people, and piss off all the right ones.
Also, FWIW: A year of going dark evidently drops me off Gulag’s “Let’s F**k With His Visit Stats” list. I.e. ten times the listed visits, posting nothing, as I was getting posting daily or more in prior days. (Peanut Gallery, stifle yourself. I hear you warming up with the snappy aside.) I literally recorded more site hits the last year, posting nothing, than the two years before, combined, when I was posting regularly. Including one single day peak of 150,000+ hits, which has happened on the blog maybe 5 times in 15 years or so. (I see you, Gulag, and your ham-fisted fingerprints are all over that.)
So my intention is to pick up where I left off.
Lemme see IIRC…everyone hates everything Trump does. Check.
Russia is reaching new casualty milestones, and is as close to “winning” their futile war as they were in March of 2022, like we said twenty times. Check.
The Dumbocrats were bloodthirsty communists. Check.
The Republicrats have accomplished nothing of note. Check.
Nobody among TPTB has been arrested for any of a laundry list of crimes that would have seen guillotine beheadings and torchlight neck-stretching in an earlier age. Check.
The financial system is a huge bubble glistening towards an earth-shaking pop, and gold is a wise holding. Check.
AI continues to be the tulipomania of the 21st century. Check.
So nothing substantive has changed a whit, other than being a year closer to becoming truly craptastic, and a lot of minor cultural icons have died in the interim, due to the actuarial millstone grinding them out of their oxygen addiction.
And the alternate retirement plan of winning a nine-figure Powerball draw, buying a megayacht, and stocking it with the Swedish Bikini Team for hospitality crew still hasn’t panned out. Well,…sh*t.
It’s like I never left.
So, yeah, back at it, momentarily.
Like I could ever shut up to begin with.

No comments:
Post a Comment