Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Polling Update



Went midday, to avoid the opening and evening rush. In a precinct where normally I'm number 200-something out of a little more than a thousand voters, my number was over 600. I got the only open station (no line ahead of me), but there were five people behind me by the time I'd signed in, and all stations filled. In the afternoon after-lunch bunch.

Whatever else happens, low turnout is not going to be a problem this election, at least in my precinct.

6 comments:

Miles said...

So the question that presents itself is whether your precinct is known to be (D) or (R)?

Tactless Wookie said...

Earlier this week the local news was reporting that more Texans early voted this year than all of the voters combined in the 2016 election.

I'm just hoping all those voters are not illegals....

Aesop said...

@Miles:
It's been solid R, but this in an open contest year for the house seat, and the county overall switched to D for the first time in history in 2016.

Miles said...

Good luck then.
We just managed to throw McCaskill out of the Senate and no House seats were exchanged, so we did what we could.

Aesop said...

My house seat is staying (R), but this stat floored me: there are over 18M registered voters in CA, and the governor's race is being settled by +/- 2M per side. If half of the (R)s who stayed home today showed up, we could have thrown out Moonbeam's successor, and flipped DiFi's seat in a walkaway.
Turnout is somewhere around 20-25%.

Un-f**king-believable.

RSR said...

Up to 4 million illegal immigrant registered voters in TX.

http://directactiontx.com/dat-releases-numbers-of-non-citizens/