Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Ex Libris



Well, color me Duh!

I post, sometimes multiple times daily, and sometimes only once a day, or once every several days.
Mainly because some days, I'm busy, or don't have anything worth saying. (Some days, per some responses, even true when I am writing something. YMMV)

The only exception to that was when I culled the 8'x8' Wall O' DVDs/BDs for a year's worth of Best Movies. (Starting here, if you're interested.)

They keep making more of them, and I'll review the good, the bad, and the ugly of modern cinematic efforts as I see fit.

But I only have eight feet square of movies.

I have two hundred feet of bookshelves. (Not counting a baker's dozen floor stacks here and there all over. I'm pretty sure, with books and DVDs, when you leave two together alone at night, they make offspring. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.)

I never liked book reports, but I love the reading thing. The two hundred feet of shelves full was probably a tell in that regard.

Viola! Books. A new daily post topic for me, for some good time to come, if I can stick with it.

Not all of the books I own, assuredly, just the ones worth the time. At a book a day, I'd die first. Some classics, some new finds. For preparedness, other sundries, and pure arcana. There's more to life than the apocalypse. I may even go back and forth, one for one, or something like it. Moderation in all things.

First one up tomorrow.

                     If I hit the Powerball, I'm building this at my home.

"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

No comments: