Monday, January 9, 2017

Normalcy. No Bias.




This is what normalcy looks like.
I mind my own business. I go to work. I get paid. I buy the things I need or want.
Lather, rinse, repeat.

Since it's going to be several months until the asinine ammo registry starts here (June or July, at last rumor) in Occupied America, that's a substantial item, and will remain so. So is lengthening my stores for protracted problems.

I'm not short of either one, and I'm purchasing as I see fit, to see that I never am, either.

I'm not worried about the last gasps from a failed regime, and the initial moves of the incoming one have me looking forward to the caterwauling from the Looney Left that will ensue by about 1PM EST on the 20th of this month.

Probably adding some capacity to my truck, in the form of storage boxes and an aux fuel tank, and doing the annual maintenance.

Homewards, solar panels and a back-up gen. are liable to happen sooner than later.
Beyond that, just maintaining the lists, checking it twice, and whittling down the piles of books to read, and movies to see, interspersed with classes, hobbies, and such.

One of my favorite quotes is Heinlein:

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
Placed on a bucket list of what I've done:

change a diaper
plan an invasion
butcher a hog
conn a ship
design a building
write a sonnet
balance accounts
build a wall
set a bone
comfort the dying
take orders
give orders
cooperate
act alone
solve equations
analyze a new problem
pitch manure
program a computer
cook a tasty meal
fight efficiently
die gallantly

it's getting pretty sparse.
And I know how to do the others, just haven't had the urgent need. Yet.

Tempus fugit.

No comments: