Friday, November 17, 2017

The Day Nothing Happened



Not loafing today (well, except for a couple of hours surfing YouTube), but I couldn't find much that could keep my attention long enough to write about.

Which, now that I think about it, isn't a bad thing.

And it drizzled here today, which generally puts me in the mood to find a good book and turn the heat up. The cat agrees, and has declared a campaign to sit in my lap as frequently as possible. I'm pretty sure I'm just a cat heating pad with legs once I settle in.

But I'm sure someone will do a worldwide faceplant in a day or two, and I'll be rested, and with an extra days' worth of rotten eggs to throw.

Hope y'all had a nice Friday, sliding into a lazy weekend.

And fair warning: Sunday is National Ammo Day.
You should start planning your purchases now, if you hadn't already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't jinx it. Same feeling here except accompanied by 3" of snow instead of drizzle.

A lull in action always makes me wonder if the other shoe isn't just about to drop. Good for you keeping the cat warm. I'll hide behind the proverbial wood stove and show my face again in the spring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q15j_W1nCI

Sorry about the language, but the beauty is original French.

MachtNichts

Anonymous said...

I think it's OK to enjoy a pause now and again. A brisk clear fall day with the snow line a couple hundred feet above us is promoting a little more industry than elsewhere apparently.
Enjoy, and thanks Aesop for all the good stuff that you've presented to us.
One bit of the energy will be directed toward CAT ( not the lap kind) and IBD refresher.
Boat Guy

reltney mcfee said...

The Long Suffering Wife wonders if (HORRORS!) "National Ammo Day" is made up.
My take? Every payday is, or ought to be, National Ammo Day.